Dwarf cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Discuss and dwarfs go together really well. In a 200 gal tank i would say you could put at least 8 pairs and a bunch of dwarfs. Make sure you have tons of plants, both dwarfs and dicuss love to have them for security. Have you ever had discuss or dwarfs before? Water has to be perfect, very picky fish

As for Angels I personaly wouldnt put them in. But i know i have seen them in with discuss.

I haven't done the 200 gal yet just putting it together and starting to get fish so the can go in the isolation tank. But I think I'm going to add some golden dwarfs and some cuckatoos.

That's great! Goldens, do you mean Golden Rams? If so they are awesome, I have a great pair, they are so beautiful. In the 200 your going to have tons of room to be able to fill it with great fish. Just about to upgrade my tank size also:) moving so why not get a bigger tank... right.

I do mean golden rams. Have you had any luck breeding them? What plans do you have for your tank?

Acutally I just addeda pair of GBR's and the female breed with the male golden! All happened in 48hrs, bad parents though they ate the first batch of eggs :( The ph and temp are key for breeding according to what i have read. That said my tank is at 6.8ph temp 80 which are both higher than the numbers the books say so im thinking that not everything we read is all that accurate LOL.

So you figure out the angels and discuss?

I'm not really sure I have enough knowledge for discus and they aren't exactly cheap. But I really want them!

Discuss arent cheap at all, real beauties though! Work with the Rams for a while make your mistakes with them. The Rams require water as clean as Discuss. Now discuss and Rams need water changes at least 2 times per week, more like every other day. Dont know if your keeping the ph down in your tank but i keep it at 6.8 by using Discuss buffer which all my fish seem to love :) i have a pregers Ram again so i must be doing something right. Also added 4 Peacock Gobys last week, awesome little guys very colourful and require the same super clean water. Let me know what you decide to go with

That is great combo! I was working toward that but the long fin are really difficult. Major problems with hole-in-the-head, i strongy sudjest going with normal GBRs and/or Goldens

Back
Top Bottom