Dwarf Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtwin64

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 Gallon Tank, I want to house cichlids and have been told to house Dwarfs in the size of tank I got. What are some types of dwarfs that will live together and have a variety of color? How many dwarfs can I have in a 29? Ive heard of the Ram and the Kribs? What other species can go with these?

Attachments

• image-1114775282.jpg
    image-1114775282.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 88
You really can't keep more than one pair of Ram's, Krib's, or Apisto's in a 29. A school of small tetras or barbs would also work with them.
You could keep a group of multi's and a pair of J. transcriptus with a single calvus if you wanted Tanganykian fish, but they aren't very colorful.

toddnbecka said:
You really can't keep more than one pair of Ram's, Krib's, or Apisto's in a 29. A school of small tetras or barbs would also work with them.
You could keep a group of multi's and a pair of J. transcriptus with a single calvus if you wanted Tanganykian fish, but they aren't very colorful.

I agree with Todd only one pair off one or the other,I have kept rams with apisto but it was 2 female rams an 1 male apisto.if u had a pair off both they would kill each other at breeding time

Keep either a pair of Kribs, a pair of rams, or a trio of apistos (unless they are apistos that aren't harem spawners). I wouldn't mix and match though.

If you aren't intending to breed you could do an all male display, one of the nicest for this is Dicrossus filamentosa. From my experience they tend to school when no females are present.

Back
Top Bottom