Dwarf cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricco34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are there any dwarf species that could fit a pair in a 10 gallon tank? Like apistos or Bolivian rams? Something like that

You could put Apisto's a pair in that small a tank but it is generally recommended to have at minimum a 30 Gallon if not a 55 or larger. I currently have a couple smaller pairs of Apisto's in 10 gallon tanks but once they grow out a little more they'll be moving. I've kept Bolivian rams and German Blue rams in 10 gallon tanks and currently have a couple breeding pairs of Rams in 10 gallon tanks They don't seem to mind to much. It helps having some other occupants as it seems to help them feel a little more comfortable just don't overstock it.

I think you could keep some shell dwellers. They are from Africa so they wouldn't live well with rams or apistos.

I think you could keep some shell dwellers. They are from Africa so they wouldn't live well with rams or apistos.

+1 to shell dwellers

One pair max no other fish, my suggestion would be N. multifasciatus.

Shell dwellers would work but good luck finding them they are a hard fish to find. You could do a pair of kribs l lelupi. Compressiceps or calvus all are small species

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 to shell dwellers

One pair max no other fish, my suggestion would be N. multifasciatus.

A 10 gallon can support a colony of 5 multifasciatus. They're also harem breeders, so a pair isn't usually best suited to them.

2 breeding pair of brevis or ocellatus would work as well.

No matter what species of Shellie, you won't be able to keep any other species in with them in that small of a tank.

A 10 gallon can support a colony of 5 multifasciatus. They're also harem breeders, so a pair isn't usually best suited to them.

2 breeding pair of brevis or ocellatus would work as well.

No matter what species of Shellie, you won't be able to keep any other species in with them in that small of a tank.

Yeah sorry was sleepy, what freak said :)

Back
Top Bottom