Dwarf Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would just like to know what the most common species of dwarf cichlids are available. I ahve found myself falling in love with there stunning colours, breeding dances and attitude as well as the tank set-ups.
I have now bred the Rams :) (which I am keeping) but I would like to change my kribensis as I have bred them before and are not amusing me unlike my cockatoo's Any way ... What dwarf cichlids are available to the average joe. Without getting in touch with special dealers etc ...

Also regarding there level of difficulty what would be next on the list after the cockatoo's.

Thank yuo and merry Christmas.

Have you heard of Laetacara Curviceps aka Dwarf Cichlid "Curviceps"? I don't know if they're that common, but one of my LFS is always loaded with them.

Mine has a great personality like a big cichlid. She comes to the front of the glass whenever I'm near and she's a beautiful fish, too. The only problem I have with her is that she can get a little aggressive sometimes, but maybe its because she is in a ten gallon with another dwarf cichlid.

Here are a few pics:

Attachments

• hpim0196.jpg
    hpim0196.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 35
  • hpim0182a.jpg
    hpim0182a.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 50
from my understanding the demasoni are considered to be dwarf cichlids because they dont get very large. they are not very difficult to care for i have one now in a 10 gallon by himself becase he is still under 2 inches. i dont do anything special except for water changes about once per week. and they have the most vibrant black and blue colour

Back
Top Bottom