Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid with rummies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skip the pleco.. they make so much poo it's ridiculous. They're very territorial, it will be like running a Dyson through your apistos cave. Get otos if you want a plant cleaner??

I've always read that oto's are not good fish for a new tank because of their dietary needs and even then can be difficult.

I'm not getting a pleco cus I want a fish that cleans plants, etc. I enjoy the bristlenose for what they are. Territorial? My previous bristlenose was everything BUT aggressive o-o I think I'd like some more input on that topic from others, no offense. If it truly will be an issue than of course I will avoid the purchase, but I've never had issues with territorial displays when i had my old BN, and he was with a ton of cories as well, never bothered em.

Also I will be getting multiple caves or 'cave-like' structures set up. So it's not like there will only be one dark corner for the pleco and cichlids. Plus there is lots of other areas for the pleco or cichlids to chill at outside of any caves.

BNs are very territorial towards other similar species. They will pretty much ignore most other fish.

However, by ignore, I mean they will pay no attention to them at all. I have seen BNs push there way past a female into a cave and hoover up all the eggs and swim away again. The odd thing, is that the female ignored the BN in the cave and continued guarding the cave while the BN was behind her having his snack.

Dalto.. Dyson.. Hoover. Either brand is eating all the eggs.. I keep a leopard frog pleco. My oldest fish actually. He's seen 4 breeding pairs of apisto cacatoides, I've seen 3 batches of free swimmers on about 4 years. Pleco is very fat now;) the bn pleco i have are 6", they would be not be happy in a 20.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you.
I know, I was just trying to subtly start an internet battle over vacuum cleaners.
I'm not always the best at conveying thoughts via text. Miss 30% of what I'm thinking while I'm typing and never proof read.

Alright. Well if it's the general consensus I will skip the BN as well. He'll just have to wait till my man and I own a house and I can put in my big tanks.

Alright. Well if it's the general consensus I will skip the BN as well. He'll just have to wait till my man and I own a house and I can put in my big tanks.
Ill send you mine!! Got them when they were 1" and now they're beasts!! In a 75.

I made the mistake of thinking I would breed them. I setup a trio of them.

They have......a lot of fry.
So many poops!!! Wish I had gotten a pair of the l-134. They'd fly off the shelf. Have not seen one in my lfs in over a year.

Lol. One of my dream tanks is like a large long one , and have like.... 8-10 pictus catfish. My top fab fish

And I want a bichir too

What about Galaxy Rasboras (Celestial Pearl Danios)? I've heard them called both, don't know what they're called among the community. I haven't read anything about them being aggressive to other fish (have read the males to compete with each other for breeding rights but that's just between them) Could I do a group of 12 like the rummies, and since they're smaller would they be less inclined to bother the female cichlid?

They can be tough to feed and hidey. Ember tetras have been fine in community apisto tanks I've kept.

Hmm ok I'll have to keep them in mind. I've kept them before though so it would be nice to have a different fish this time around

Skimming over other tetras I've yet to really familiarize myself with, I found bloodfins. Are they a decent choice as well?

Back
Top Bottom