Dwarf German Ram - any experience with friendliness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffNebraska

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a community tank with 5 male preacox rainbows, 12 cardnial tetras, 3 cory cats, 3 ottos and 1 pl*co. My local store has gotten in some beautiful "Dwarf German Rams," which they claim can be added to my tank without worry.

Just from the look of the fish, it's the kind of thing I would never consider adding to a tank of other defenseless critters, but they are showing them with other community fish in the store, so I didn't know what to think.

I'd love to hear from anyone with experience on this froont.

The next fish I get will be German Blue Rams. From what I have read and heard, they are extremely peacful and can be mixed with other community fish.

They are in the cichlid family. But so are Angels and Discus and for the most part, they are extremely peaceful community fish. I can't wait to pick so up...

rams

I have a pair. They are real shy and never bother anybody. I guess they're pretty sensitive but I never found them to need any special care. I have the same types of fish with them as you have.

Thanks for the input, I'm going to go for it.

MY LFS, the outstanding Albany Aquarium in Albany, CA, has only males, so I'm thinking I should just get one if I don't want to see combat. Then I'll pick up two females down the road, if possible.

Any thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom