dwarf gourami vs betta ( why the hate)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Forbz

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello , i have recently heard that dwarf gourami's and betta splendens ( siamese fighters) dont get along, does anyone know the exact reason ??

this is of course lucky cause in planning on stocking i came across this and havent put any of those in yet :)

on an unrelated matter :
getting my bristlenose catfish on the 3rd :) its name is bristly :)
got a nice piece of driftwoof with an anubias plant on it, and all my other fish seem to love it

sorry placed in wrong forum :):)

Last edited:
well bettas are labrynth fish as are gouramis and maybe the coloring and fins are causing the hate. I think that they're also in the same family of fish. Any pics of your cat and maybe a FTS (Full tank shot) would be great.

ill get a full tank shot up soon :) and i will place it a new thread in the new section for ya. if ya add me as a friend, ill let u know when i put it on :)

Every fish is probably different, but my betta and dwarf gourami get along fine, and a couple years ago I had another tank with a betta and gourami and they did well too. Maybe other people have had issues, but thats my experience.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom