Dying Fish? Unknown Condition !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhemp34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so here goes. i've posted a thread saying my new fish were dying. Now my tenured inhabitants are suffering the same style death. IT begings with Heavy Breathing Stayin around the top. The slowly dipping towards the middle of the tank then finally laying on the bottom before dyings. THe fish have no fungus no spots. Rather healthy happy swimming until this plague hits...i've had four fish go this same way...I've dont a complete water change recently to add new PFS...My water params are as follows.ph 8.2 ammonia. 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10......i have a 60-100 gallon air pump plus low water levels for airation from hob filter...Some one please help these exxpensive fish dying is making me steer clear of this hobby...:peace:

I feel like an idiot, I dont know what else to tell you. I'm sorry... It sounds like the same thing that is hitting others too.

I know this idea could be a little shaky but it could be a weak blood line in cichlids.

the LFS dont know either....it cant be a fungus because i've treated for that....its getting crazy...i'm thinking if the plague is hitting my tank and nothing stops it i'll have to go to my old Oscars.

All I know is I'm not adding anything to my tanks for a while. They are all in good shape and everyone is happy for the most part. Knock on wood. Think I will leave all as is for a while.

My one and only lab is currently experiencing a similar problem. :( If anyone finds out some reason for this plz let us know.

hey, this is pretty much what i went through a few weeks ago. I lost 13 fish in 24 hours, no signs of sickness, no water param changes, everything the same as before...

Okay, when you did that 100% water change, what did you do with your filter? If you shut it off and let the nitrifying bacteria die off completely, added new rocks and gravel with no bacteria on them at the same time, and added fish you basically had a fresh, uncycled tank with a bioload it couldnt handle...

I'm not going to get any more labs at my lfs. I'll go to incredipet to get them. I pray tht my zebras don't catch anything.

Hmmm, this is really odd.

What water supply are you on? If you're on a public water system, check their website, see if anything funny is going on.

i kept all my filtration running in a 10 gallon bucket of the water used from my aquarium during the change...also Today i've just treated my whole tank for fungus..maybe its and invisible parasite..so i've just treated the whole setup...everyone seems to be doing fine...we'll see....No news on the city water..no alerts..everything normal...i test my water (city water) its ammonia is 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 ph.6.4.

Back
Top Bottom