EBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are in a 29g but as they pair off I'll be moving them out either to a different tank (I have 8 currently) a new tank since i always want more tanks or rehoming/selling them.

Well I just got home from being gone to work all week and everyone is still with me. All the fish seem to be settling in and are very social, when I go near the tank all the rams come to front and say hi. Big improvement from my last rams, they hid out all the time. Another note is that my lighting swap so far has been a good choice. All my plants have grown nicely, a few have grown immensely and the color in the tank is awesome. Everything is so vibrant and bright, plants and fish. Haven't had much chance to sit and watch them as I've got a weeks worth of catching up to do but will update as I notice things. I will also throw up some pics of before and after the lighting swap when I get a chance.

So as promised here are pics, the first one is the after and the second one is the before. The plants are so much greener now with the new lights.

well here is a recent pic of the tank, the plant growth with the new lighting has been unreal. things are really starting to fill in really nicely now and i have officially gotten permission from the wife to start my basement renos which will involve some awesome tank changes. the initial step is to tear out a wall and start the build of my 336 gallon which will house my snakeheads and frontosa (divider will be put in for the time being) once that is done i will move my occupants from my 29g(planted community) to my 45g and my 55g(current frontosa tank) will be cleaned out in prep to be installed in the bar as a reef with the 29g as a sump. as the project progresses i will be adding a 269 gallon for my frontosa and leave the snakeheads to the 336 without the divider and heavily planted, both tanks will be reef ready and run on sump systems. i am beyond stoked to start the transition and i can start as soon as i feel ready to tackle the headache. i will also be upgrading my service to the house and adding a large amount of dedicated circuits for my tanks. i am an electrician so its easily handled. better safe than sorry, my return pumps will all be on thier own breakers so if something like a heater trips the gfci i still have circulation. like i said before i am stoked, i will also be adding a RODI system for both my rams and my reef tanks

Back
Top Bottom