Eggs in mouth time (i think)?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny69

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of our peacocks is hiding in a safe cave with a swollen mouth, please tell me it's just a mouthful of eggs lol apart from the swollen mouth she is looking as healthy as ever. If it is what i think it is how long before they usually spit fry?? Sorry for the questions it's our first child for petes sake baha ;-)

We just had our first baby raised cichlid have fry yesterday. It was funny, I was just telling my fiancé and son in a few months they will hopefully start breeding. The next day, I see one who I thought was a male, with a swollen mouth. After about 3 weeks I moved her to a hospital tank with her cave and 4 days later I saw a fry :) I then stripped the rest into a fry tank. They r so cute. We've had lots of tropicals with babies, but our first cichlid. Good luck.

Bl80 said:
We just had our first baby raised cichlid have fry yesterday. It was funny, I was just telling my fiancé and son in a few months they will hopefully start breeding. The next day, I see one who I thought was a male, with a swollen mouth. After about 3 weeks I moved her to a hospital tank with her cave and 4 days later I saw a fry :) I then stripped the rest into a fry tank. They r so cute. We've had lots of tropicals with babies, but our first cichlid. Good luck.

Cool, congrats lol so about a month till we see any fry? We don't really have a qt, well we have a hex tank holds about 6 ltrs, with filter and heater, that might do I guess. I don't expect many fry will survive in the main tank with three vinustus hunting around. Fingers crossed.

I dunno it was my first. After reading I think I remember reading 21-28 days? I noticed more black in her throat. I just put them in a 10 gal, I had a friend with a leaky tank and lent them my normal 29 gal hospital tank. Good luck ;-)

Back
Top Bottom