Electric bleu jack is sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamingdragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
So yesterday my electric bleu jack is not feeling well I test the water and every thing is normal 8.2 ph 0 amonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate. He is hanging out on top of the tank but not heavy breathing or in distress his collar is pretty dark darker than normal i have lower the heater because its over 90 in my house. I have never seen this before please some advice.

image-3857059242.jpg

Hier pic

Attachments

• image-182147408.jpg
    image-182147408.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 99
Whats the water temp? Water temp is to hot is my first thought when you described your EBJD. Use a thermometer in the tank. The thermometers that stick on the glass are crap. You may need to add some cool water and then if that works invest in a chiller.

The temp is now 78f the sticker is there Sind I got it I never use it I have 1 hanging in the tank. And it tells me 78f

I am stumped then sorry, but being at the top of the tank usually means the fish is struggling for oxygen for what ever reason. I have heard of similar behavior in frontosa when they are egg bound, that is treated with epsom salts. I don't know if JD's experience the same thing. Sorry I wasn't much of a help good luck.

Something else I just thought of is what is the size of this fish? I have had 2 EBJDS the both died around the 3"- 4" range both about a year old. I have read that because of there breeding that it is hard to get them past this size into adult hood. I gave up trying to keep EBJD's after reading that.

Something else I just thought of is what is the size of this fish? I have had 2 EBJDS the both died around the 3"- 4" range both about a year old. I have read that because of there breeding that it is hard to get them past this size into adult hood. I gave up trying to keep EBJD's after reading that.

I've also kept EBJD in the past. Beautiful fish but not hardy at all. Your ph seems a Lil high for them but regardless they do have a difficult time at the 3" mark. There are some success stories but few and far between. Ideal conditions are a must with EBJD but even then they disappoint.

I see he is almost dead. And he did not show any sign of a illness he had everything nice spread out his fins or awesome normaly they clamp there fins. Or hiding. Or not eating he did every thing. Last night he was hanging in the corner of the tank. I have no clue what it is never have seen this before.

I've also kept EBJD in the past. Beautiful fish but not hardy at all. Your ph seems a Lil high for them but regardless they do have a difficult time at the 3" mark. There are some success stories but few and far between. Ideal conditions are a must with EBJD but even then they disappoint.

The higher ph should be no cause of issue as long as it is consistent. You are prob going through what we have all gone through with these guys. They die! No rhyme or reason. Just die! Sorry your are going through this.

R.I.P electric bleu jack. I did my best to keep you in good condition. The price I have payed to keep them. I can tell never again. But awesome that this fish is amen

Thank you. I never have seen a fish not having symptoms and going dead on me like this one. Normal you can tell by water para meter or you see it on the fish it self if it is in diss stress or not or having bloat hole in the head. slime coat or what ever the illness is. I see it right away but this time without a warning. All my other fish doing great even in this hot whether just again a weak string of a fish :-(

Sorry about your EBJD. They are way more fragile than JDs and can have many problems like that out of the blue. :/ beautiful fish though.

Back
Top Bottom