Electric Blue Acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amyers22

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know how big these guys get? I know they are fairly new and I can't find much at all the web. I looked at some today at my lfs and they were about 2.5-3 inches. I'm assuming they will get bigger. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412745599.403557.jpg

I have some of them, they seem pretty cool. Mine are still very small, so no telling how it'll go when they get bigger. I've read they breed at around 4" and can top out around 8"

Yeah they'll get bigger but pretty slowly and I very much doubt they go above 6" If you can get one about 3" i woundnt hesitate. Here's mine, about 2.1/2 inches....ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412857343.015801.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. I'm hoping mine gets a few inches bigger so that he can join Oscar, JD and co in the big tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was given one by somebody that didn't want him. He was tiny and I had no clue what he was at the time. I put him in my 125gal planted african cichlid tank and he's still in there now, year or so later. I now know he shouldn't be with them but he's doing fine so I'll leave him. But these are such pretty fish.

I'm in the planning stages of a large apisto tank and then I stumbled across these guys and they are beautiful fish. Wasn't sure how big they got or if I could keep a pair in with my apistos.

Back
Top Bottom