Electric Blue Acara Male and Female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pull and artificially hatch eggs almost everyday!
Nature is great.We don't come close with our little glass boxes for some fish.
I stop putting effort into my rams after winter and have only once in 3 + years had a bonded pair raise their own fry.
Mind you eggs that add up to 200+ fry and these parents got me I think 3 fry.....

I usually recommend pulling the first in case you never the get the chance again.
Also to learn yourself.
Fish will spawn faster once fry are gone.
Hard part is getting them once they are wigglers.

So you would normally pull them now in my case and use like a tumbler?

Pull now ,YES.
No tumbler , just a small container and airs tone.
The air just needs to keep the water moving and not even be on the eggs directly.
On first day I use Methylene Blue to keep eggs from fungus, but I think you are past that point. Besides it needs to be removed as soon as eggs turn to wigglers for long term health reasons.
I hatch in Dip and Pours hanging in the tank to keep heated and safe.
Once the wigglers become free swimming it is easier to feed them in small spaces.
You just have to stay up on water quality.

Right around 15:00 minutes you can see some Dip and Pours...
I am not using the coffee filter baskets any more.I use paint strainers now....
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...rezi-breeding-help-335052-50.html#post3397569

Pull now ,YES.
No tumbler , just a small container and airs tone.
The air just needs to keep the water moving and not even be on the eggs directly.
On first day I use Methylene Blue to keep eggs from fungus, but I think you are past that point. Besides it needs to be removed as soon as eggs turn to wigglers for long term health reasons.
I hatch in Dip and Pours hanging in the tank to keep heated and safe.
Once the wigglers become free swimming it is easier to feed them in small spaces.
You just have to stay up on water quality.

Right around 15:00 minutes you can see some Dip and Pours...
I am not using the coffee filter baskets any more.I use paint strainers now....
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...rezi-breeding-help-335052-50.html#post3397569

Thanks for all the help, I did remove last night after my post, I had open 10 gallon so I took the entire slate piece and stood it up with air stone blowing bubbles about an inch or two away. Unfortunately I'm back to square one this morning as most of the eggs are white. I don't think it's from removing them they were turning more and more white in the tank after my posted 24 hour pic leading me to believe they were not fertilized by our mystery partner male/female. Doesn't seem to be fungus or lack of air, in fact they are turning white almost in the pattern I saw her lay them so I'm thinking they are just expiring in the same order. Oh well live and learn and tweak next time. Awesome video by the way, your system is outstanding. I'll pay you back for all this one day and when I venture into Rams I'll be ordering from you for sure, thanks again. If these EBAs spawn again I'll post here so we can continue the findings. The large rescue is the X factor here, it's sure acting like a male but if that is true he's certainly not up for father of the year at this point.

Thanks for compliments , I had lots of help over time.
Better luck next time!
She will whip him in to shape if he is just slacking.
I have 7 EBA in my 180g and they all just look the same with no breeding behavior.I think I have all males?
At least you know you have one female. IMO they are hard to find...

Thanks for compliments , I had lots of help over time.
Better luck next time!
She will whip him in to shape if he is just slacking.
I have 7 EBA in my 180g and they all just look the same with no breeding behavior.I think I have all males?
At least you know you have one female. IMO they are hard to find...

Thanks, I have 5 other EBAs in a 40B I'm raising, they are about 1 inch or less but if nothing's come of the mature pair by then I'll mix them in over the upcoming years maybe she can find a young stud in that group.

Back
Top Bottom