Electric Blue Maingano or Johanni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thribz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys. I recently bought this lovely fish. It was described at the store as an Electric Blue Maingano Johanni. After much research I have found out that they are infact two different breeds.

What I would like to know is what is this? Is it a Maingano or a Johanni. As I believe female Johanni are yellow and female Maingano are blue. So is this a female Maingano, a male Maingano or a male Johanni?

Thanks in advance. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422342848.394138.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422342865.480986.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422342874.168707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

Johanni

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Its mandigo, jahonni dont have vertical and horizontal stripes, as they only have horizontal.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Please I.D. these cichlids ..Male and Female ...Maingano Cyanogen ?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428558294.658609.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428557855.723813.jpg

Thanks !!

That one is johanni

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The top photo shows a smaller adult with a light blue belly....behavior is docile. I'm guessing it's a female Maingano.
The bottom photo shows larger adult with defined black and blue stripes and darker face......behavior is aggressive.
I've had them since they were juveniles.

I mean jahonni

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom