Electric blue sick or injured?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Issombeituni

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got this guy from the lfs and want to know whats wrong with him. He stays on the bottom and wont use one of his side fins and eats great and kinda agressive

Attachments

• image-714600143.jpg
    image-714600143.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 151
He does look very thin. What are you feeding him? How many times a day?

P. Johanni are aggressive so that behavior is normal. http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=760

The fin thing is not normal and you may have a fish that is ill. Unless he is being attacked by another fish, Quarantine it and or take it back to the LFS for one that is more healthy.

I'd take him back to the store if you just bought him. I've had a platy just whither away to nothing just like that fish (i know you don't have a platy, but still lol). I suspect something internal going on. My money is on internal parasites. Not 100% sure though. The staying on the bottom, thin looking body and trouble swimming with one fin all seems like what I have seen from internal parasites. Unfortunately, most fish I've gotten from a store had parasites

If you just got it, it's probably best to get a replacement because they shouldn't have sold you a fish that looked so bad. :) good luck!

Update i am treating him in a specimen holder and not letting his water get in the tank. Using this stuff and he seems to be doing better. Any other suggestions on meds?

Attachments

• image-1916032379.jpg
    image-1916032379.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image-625774024.jpg
    image-625774024.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1851594894.jpg
    image-1851594894.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 117
Update i am treating him in a specimen holder and not letting his water get in the tank. Using this stuff and he seems to be doing better. Any other suggestions on meds?

He is looking a lot better! If he still isn't fattening up, I'd suspect internal parasites and you should treat for that as well. Watch when he poops. White stringy poo=parasites

:popcorn:

just bought two of these fish so REALLY interested to see what people say about parasite meds? now watching my own tank avidly for white stringy poop, so far they are eating well and im more worried about seeing any other fish pick on them, which i know makes them go down hill fast.

Where is the best info on keeping rams and electric blue rams, they are really exploring right now! I hope your boy gets better, he looked so much better from the first picture you have done a great job, makes me wonder if something in the community tank was causing the upset? do you see any white stringy poo? i never knew that one before :) (y)

Attachments

• DSC_0100.jpg
    DSC_0100.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom