Electric Yellow Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello
Do these cichlids breed easily and if so, are the fry "lunch" almost immediately? Not sure if Electric Yellow is the right name, but I'm sure you all will know which ones I'm referring to.
Thanks-D

Labidochromis caeruleus will easily reproduce in aquarium, nothing special is needed besides clean water and a quality diet. With regards to the fry as with all mbuna once she spits them they're fair game. If your trying to raise the fry simply remove the holding females and strip them into a cycled tank with a sponge filter to raise the fry, otherwise keep enough rock work with cracks and crevices in the tank to allow the fry to hide and you'll be amazed at their little will to survive.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. He currently has 16 adolescent Africans in his tank and has made many hidey holes for them all. He's been researching on the internet, but it's always nice to hear from someone on this forum. It's helped me a lot with my first planted community tank. He has a 55 gal (his first) and is already talking about getting a 125 gal.
Thank you again-D

Back
Top Bottom