Electric yellow help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guychiclid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My electric yellow is suffering from what I think is swim bladder. He always floats on the top of the surface and now starting to have black coloration on his body?

What do I do?

I've never heard of swim bladder in a cichlid, but it could be possible. Electric yellows can have black vertical stripes at times, depending on their mood. My electric yellow will display them at times also. If it is in fact swim bladder, then it may be caused by constipation and they recommend feeding the fish sweet peas to help alleviate that.

All bony fish have a swim bladder, it is what helps them adjust the level at which they swim in the aquarium or in nature. I really don't think your issue is "swim bladder". In regards to the black color, that is perfectly natural. As stated all electric yellows can have some of that, males in particularly typically have more of it.

I have yellow labs myself and mine will turn black in the face and swim at the top and play dead when they are stressed out

Back
Top Bottom