Elipsifer with tanganyikans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

That Fish kid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, my dad has a 250g tanganyikan tank and I was wondering if an eel would be compatible with them?

I don't know the names of all the fish but everything from compressor seps to brichardi, chyphichromis, cylindricus, regani, syno petracola and a flash plecostomus. Sorry Im sure I spelled a lot of those wrong!

Would an elipsifer thrive in a tank like this? There are dozens of caves and driftwood. The substrate is crushed coral. For filtration it's a sump and a Huge canister filter that is very powerful. Oh and a uv sterilizer.

One of the members at Aquatic-Terrors is keepin' ellipsifer with Tangs, IIRC he has some Cyprichromis and some Neolamprologus and/or Julidochromis species with 'em. I'll try it if I stumble across some ellipsifer, they're cool lookin' fish. I wouldn't expect to get any stray surviving fry out of a tank with the eels in it though.

WYite

Wyomingite said:
One of the members at Aquatic-Terrors is keepin' ellipsifer with Tangs, IIRC he has some Cyprichromis and some Neolamprologus and/or Julidochromis species with 'em. I'll try it if I stumble across some ellipsifer, they're cool lookin' fish. I wouldn't expect to get any stray surviving fry out of a tank with the eels in it though.

WYite

Do you have tanganikans?

Back
Top Bottom