Emergency please help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoppaRyno

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive been breeding peacock cichlids since my 20's. I just ordered 4 female red shoulder blue regal females to bolster my breeding community. I get them in the tank and they have all de stressed and are all now showing false eggs. So now i have 5m to 3 fems. Tried calling the guy and no answer and mailbox is full. Does anyone know where to find red shoulder blue regal peacock cichlids????

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive been breeding peacock cichlids since my 20's. I just ordered 4 female red shoulder blue regal females to bolster my breeding community. I get them in the tank and they have all de stressed and are all now showing false eggs. So now i have 5m to 3 fems. Tried calling the guy and no answer and mailbox is full. Does anyone know where to find red shoulder blue regal peacock cichlids????

Its not uncommon for females to show egg spots. The only true way to sex is venting.

Whoa, we're both in lawrence! :)

Sorry, I can't help with the question though :(

+1 to MikeM. In today's fish, the "usual" signs for gender have been blurred so venting is about the only 95% chance of getting it right. ( Nothing but watching the spawn is 100% ;) ) If they are all getting along, I'd leave them be. If they are fighting, then you need to get genders as properly proportioned as you can. (y)

+1 to MikeM. In today's fish, the "usual" signs for gender have been blurred so venting is about the only 95% chance of getting it right. ( Nothing but watching the spawn is 100% ;) ) If they are all getting along, I'd leave them be. If they are fighting, then you need to get genders as properly proportioned as you can. (y)

I realize the sexing is not 100%, but i know my aulonocara. These are males. Males all the way. The dominant male ( not the new ones) is telling me this as well. He wants them gone, and he has always liked new ladies. And has always tortured other males to death. I also know that for 200$ it should be what i ordered. I breed theese. And can tell you that adding 4 males is not good for this community. 5 males vs two fems, means i might soon have an all male tank. The males will wear them til tthey are nothing. I appreciate the advice but i truly need to add females.... and fast.

I add fresh blood every 2 yrs or so. Ive never sexed one wrong yet. I have 30 juvies, but theyre 2-3 months from being big enough to introduce to the colony for size reasons.

Cool. Sounds like you have it figured out.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know what to do. Its finding another breeder and fems thatll be tough.

Grrr..... this bad, grrr..... you guys awsome. Ungah.

Im tryin a private breeder, KGTROPICALS. tried 3 times today, no answer. Left msg. We shall see.

I realize the sexing is not 100%, but i know my aulonocara. These are males. Males all the way. The dominant male ( not the new ones) is telling me this as well. He wants them gone, and he has always liked new ladies. And has always tortured other males to death. I also know that for 200$ it should be what i ordered. I breed theese. And can tell you that adding 4 males is not good for this community. 5 males vs two fems, means i might soon have an all male tank. The males will wear them til tthey are nothing. I appreciate the advice but i truly need to add females.... and fast.

Then it sounds like you got Scr*wed by the shipper. Maybe HE didn't know how to sex his fish? :whistle:
But you will find, in today's Angelfish at least, many fish with opposite gender characteristics which really makes things difficult. Case in point was this beautiful male Angel I saw in a store's display tank. Had the right angle on the fins, svelt appearance in the abdomen, bump on the head and everything. I told the shop keeper that I needed a male badly for my female and his looked really nice and would he be willing to sell it to me? He laughed and said" I need a male badly for HER as well. She's laying eggs constantly but her male died about 2 months ago." So you see, not all that looks one way is the right way. ;)

Good luck with the other shipper. You should make a "Buyer beware" thread for the other guy. ( Just my opinion. ;)

Thanks guys, your the best. Just peeves me.

Thats awsome. What kind of fish do you do?

I have a 20 gal community and then I have a 55 gallon cichlid tank, just starting it up with 6 so far but loving them!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awsome, thats exactly what i started with! I breed peacock cichlids among a few other things. Nice to know theres a local to fish nerd with.

So my blue regal tank has come down with an issue. My redtail shark, 2 plecos, 3 hillstream loaches are dead. Grrrr..... so i did a 70% WC, and added stress gusrd and slime coat. Have no clue what could have happened. Trying to get my beautiful male some new chicas, has turned into quite the disaster. Arghhhh charlie brown. Luckily if all goes code blue, i have pulled all 21 remaining gold ring hillstream loaches, and have abt 30 babies i stripped from the 2 fems a few weeks ago. I only stripped the females for the eggs and put them in a tumbler to hatch, so they woukd go back to lovin the male. Hence why i tried to get more chicas for him.

Back
Top Bottom