Ensuring a happy homecoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are they the olive pythons? I saw some in the northern territory. They were huge and were lying in pools of water.

No they are green tree pythons. I believe they are quite rare. They hangout in the tree obviously lol.olive pythons are cool though. So interesting the difference in animals from here and there. I put up a picture of my little girl on her perch you can see you they sit in the trees. They even eat off those perches

Yeah, it's fascinating. In summer we have to be careful of brown snakes (boring name) and red-bellied black snakes. We have cool lizards like the shingle-back and blue-tongue (giant skink) One of my favourites is the bearded dragon. Hahaaa...getting way off topic here ;)

They are. Unfortunately quite a few get killed on the roads, they lay there to warm up. The browns like to go to the cemetery to warm up on the slabs of marble.

Nearly two weeks since I added the wild caught apistogramma. All fish are doing good, except they haven't really taken to prepared foods yet. Mostly get frozen stuff. Moving day is Friday so wish me luck!

Nearly two weeks since I added the wild caught apistogramma. All fish are doing good, except they haven't really taken to prepared foods yet. Mostly get frozen stuff. Moving day is Friday so wish me luck!

Very glad to hear they are doing well. Over time, they should probably take to prepared food. Do you add a few pellets with their frozen food? They will probably pick at the pellets and in time eat them. I'm glad my Herichthys eat pellets. It would cost a small fortune if they only ate frozen blood worms! Good thing your apistos only need a couple of worms and they get full :) And best of luck with moving day. I can only imagine. It's hard enough without breaking down fish tanks and snake enclosures, then to have to set them up again. Egadddd!

Very glad to hear they are doing well. Over time, they should probably take to prepared food. Do you add a few pellets with their frozen food? They will probably pick at the pellets and in time eat them. I'm glad my Herichthys eat pellets. It would cost a small fortune if they only ate frozen blood worms! Good thing your apistos only need a couple of worms and they get full :) And best of luck with moving day. I can only imagine. It's hard enough without breaking down fish tanks and snake enclosures, then to have to set them up again. Egadddd!

Yea I always throw in pellets. And they are always gone so I don't if the pleco cleans them up or they are eating them throughout the day. Thanks I've got a lot of help and pickups and moving truck so it should go smooth.

I have been looking into these myself today. What are your thoughts or haven't you had it long enough? ;) I've heard that minerals have to be added to the tank as the water is too pure?

Well all I've done is flush the system so it's ready to use. I already bought seachem replenish to add back the minerals. They filter does like 2000 gallons before you need to change the filters. So I am gonna by a 4 liter jug of replenish to last me forever and it's only like $20 online so not to bad. The water is really clean. I filled up a cup and had some to drink tasted great lol. Only problem is its so slow. Like 4 gallons in one hour slow. And I'm gonna need close to 30 gallons for water changes.

Well all I've done is flush the system so it's ready to use. I already bought seachem replenish to add back the minerals. They filter does like 2000 gallons before you need to change the filters. So I am gonna by a 4 liter jug of replenish to last me forever and it's only like $20 online so not to bad. The water is really clean. I filled up a cup and had some to drink tasted great lol. Only problem is its so slow. Like 4 gallons in one hour slow. And I'm gonna need close to 30 gallons for water changes.

That is slow! So it will take approx 8 hours to treat the amount you'll need. Will you store it in a reservoir for use when needed? I'm just guessing but I assume you would use a pond pump or similar to pump the water into your tank. Sounds good, the fact it's so clear and there's no need for dechlorinators.

That is slow! So it will take approx 8 hours to treat the amount you'll need. Will you store it in a reservoir for use when needed? I'm just guessing but I assume you would use a pond pump or similar to pump the water into your tank. Sounds good, the fact it's so clear and there's no need for dechlorinators.

Yea that's what I was planning on doing.

Back
Top Bottom