Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Eureka Red Tank Mates

Had a male Eureka in a 220gal tank with Yellow Labs, Blue Regal, Red Fin Borelli's, Flametail, and a few other Haps and Peacocks (all Males) about 15 different cichlids are currently in the tank at present. Everything was fine until recently when I noticed he was keeping all of the other fish in one corner of the tank and using the other 51/2 feet for himself. when one of the others would attempt to leave the area he would chase them right back. Sooo I put him in a 75gal all by himself. this took the stress out of the 220gal as they are all over the tank now. However, I did want to add some more fish to the 75 gal. Therefore any recommendations on what type to keep with him would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-14-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Is he bigger than the rest of the fish? I would have thought that most of the fish, save the other peacocks would be okay. As for tank mates in the 75 gallon, how about some other mildly aggressive haps...Protomelas species like Steveni Taiwanee Reef, Ndiwe Fire Hap, Red Empress, or you can get females and have a colony. The Auloncara Jacobfreibergi Otter Point where they were line bred from also like caves, so you may wish to add more rock work.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
ate, mate, red, tan, tank, tank mates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com