Experienced cichlid keepers, I need you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So there is hope yet! :) my research and my experience with cichlids tells me that they grow rapidly up until a certain cut off point. Is this true with acaras? And also, would a school of serpaes work? And I've been hinting but couldn't find a surface dwelling schooler that I trust with the acaras. Suggestions?

Kribs aren't good for the angels fins. And if I could get some hands on some apistos, I would be in heaven. And for the record, could I do the angels and a pair of keyhole?

Scrap the Acara.

I'd do a pair of Keyholes and pair of Laetacara thayeri or single Firemouth and maybe a Bolivian Ram or Cupid Cichlid, plus Tetra, Corydoras etc.

Last edited:
Scrap the Acara.

I'd do a pair of Keyholes and pair of Laetacara thayeri or single Firemouth and maybe a Bolivian Ram or Cupid Cichlid, plus Tetra, Corydoras etc.

I'd recommend against thayeri, and go with curviceps, araguaiae, or dorsigera. Thayeri are larger and I know mine was a bully

Which species are you referring to? And no one can say a definite yes or no when it comes to spawning, all comes down to individuals as well as their environment in the tank

I'm referring to all of them. Under the genus name they are all pretty. And as for spawning, some cichlids, like kribs, convicts, and German blue rams, are more likely to spawn than others, like altum angels. Are they difficult to sex? Will they eat cardinal or rummynose tetras?

Back
Top Bottom