Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

extremely aggressive Angel (marbled) advice please

Hello there new to posting,usually find my answer in the forum without actually having to ask,

I have a pair of Angels marbled black gold and silver/white,one is more colourful than the other.

the colourful one has serious issues,so far to date he has eaten over 20 various tetras,4 danios and 2 pakistani loaches and he constantly attacks all fish swordtails clown loaches,cory's, gouramis and boesmani rainbows,even my 5 inch bala shark,only fish he leaves alone are the bristlenose,its constant for hours he just chases everything even straight after feeding,its in a 700litre tank so it has more than enough space/plants/ floating cork bloody island,fed a mix of flake/ pellets/algae wafers/ blood worm and brine shrimp,

I have currently removed him to his own tank for the safety of the others but now I have a lonely angel that is quite harmless and I always intended to get a couple more,could anybody tell me the least agressive type?

the agressive one is going back to the shop unless anybody on here is nearby and wants him?hes a lovely healthy fish just a pain if you have anything else with him

so to sum up im after info on angels which type you all recommend for large community tank and which type you all consider to be the least aggressive and most calmest.Also any suggestions on a 3-10" shoaling fish that stays mid to top of tank and has nice colours would be great.many thanks in advance and pm me if your nearby and want a demented Angel.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Honestly, there isn't a way to pick a less aggressive angel. You can't look at them and say "oh look, he's going to have a great attitude".

Angels are cichlids, and like cichlids you have your ones with 'tude and your ones without. It's an individual thing.

I have one angel who runs that tank, he is the king and lets everyone know it. He's not as bad as your sounds though.

My suggestion is to re-home him/her and try again. Keep trying until you have the peaceful tank. Just remember though, if you end up with a pair, they will get aggressive when spawning.

Try rummy nose tetras, black neons, glow light neons, dwarf neon rainbows for schooling fish.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aggressive, angel, led

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com