Eyebiter not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid-dude

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, i picked up a female eyebiter about 6 days ago and she wont eat anything i give her. i tried flake, pellet, ghost shrimp, and brine shrimp. Ant ideas on what i should try to feed her, i hope she makes it.

thanks

She is by herself in QT, She is about 3 and a half inches long.

I would give her a few more days.I have 2 eye biters a male and a female and they both eat flakes and pellets so I don't think your food choice is the problem.
Do you know what she was fed at the lfs because that may help.
My female is about the same size as yours and she took a few days to settle in but now she eats just fine.
Is she swimming ok?

Other than not eating she looks very happy and healthy. Im not sure what she was fed at the LFS. I do know that they had no clue what she was until i told them she was an eyebiter. i guess ill give it some more time and see if she eats in the next couple days. Thanks for the help

If she's swimming ok I think she's probably still settling in.Different fish take different lengths of time to settle down and when she starts eating she will have a big appetite to go with her huge mouth lol.
They really are truly stunning fish and my favourite of all.
Would be nice to see a picture of her if you could post one :)

Here she is, not the best pic shes fast lol

Attachments

• image-2329863302.jpg
    image-2329863302.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1078295291.jpg
    image-1078295291.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 73
Yes shes pretty silver, she was at the front of the tank out of the light.

I tried feeding her some hikari cichlid gold pellets when i got home. She took one in but spit it back out. She was never even interested in food before so i guess its progress.

Ok :) have you thought about putting maybe some live river shrimp in there to get her going.I do this in my tank maybe once a month as a treat and they go wild for them :D

Not even sure where to get those, i tried small ghost shrimp she didnt want them

well she has taken a turn for the worst i think. She isnt looking very good, not swimming well and she is sluggish. Im thinking maybe she has internal parasites.

Back
Top Bottom