Favorite cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look at the thread I have going. Lots of pics on there and still growing. Labeled let me see what ya got. Closer to the bottom is a beautiful tropheus. Myself I love my jack Dempsey. I have pics of her on the thread. Throw some pics on there too. Keep my thread alive.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are slooooow growers and that one has a long way to go before any serious flaking occurs. Mines were 4-6" + and barely had any.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Plenty of time to perfect my acrylic bending technique. The guy I got him from owns a Lfs here and used to breed these. This is from his line, he had a group of wild caught long time ago

Plenty of time to perfect my acrylic bending technique. The guy I got him from owns a Lfs here and used to breed these. This is from his line, he had a group of wild caught long time ago

I believe all you can get is captive bred now because they are part of the CARES conservation project.

I believe all you can get is captive bred now because they are part of the CARES conservation project.

Yea he got all his wild caughts back in the 80s, been breeding all kinds of africans for 30 years. Some kind of biology prof here in Idaho. Has some really cool hard to find stuff.

Yea he got all his wild caughts back in the 80s, been breeding all kinds of africans for 30 years. Some kind of biology prof here in Idaho. Has some really cool hard to find stuff.

A good portion of the various rift lake cichlids are pretty widespread through out the hobby any more. I can only think of a handful of fish that Id classify as "hard to find" .

People like Steve Lunbad ( of The Wet Spot) and Lawerance Kent have done a great job getting almost all of these fish into the hobby.

I'd be interested to see your guys list of fish that are more uncommon.

A good portion of the various rift lake cichlids are pretty widespread through out the hobby any more. I can only think of a handful of fish that Id classify as "hard to find" .

People like Steve Lunbad ( of The Wet Spot) and Lawerance Kent have done a great job getting almost all of these fish into the hobby.

Ill see him on sunday and ask him to show me something that is hard to find. He is really into victorian stuff. Keeps trying to get me into them. Wish I had a big victorian tank, he has these pretty cool christmas fulus that I would love, F1 i think.

The Wet Spot is now my only place to buy fish online...am actually in the middle of working on a new order :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom