Feedback wanted on new German Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

X-Fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I bought this guy from my LFS and his colors are not good at the moment. I've had him 3 days now and the tank he's in has been going well for 4 months no casualties. His tank mates are two little gouramis and a bristlenose. It's a nicely planted 20G, has decent hiding places including a cichlids stone that I bought. Water parameters are all up to par, PH = 7, temperature = 78 degrees. He behaves well, eats good and hangs out with his gourami buddies. I'm hoping this guy is a juvenile and not fully matured into his colors but want to get feedback because I care about him and his future. Images are attached. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474687953.741794.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474687964.543394.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474687976.795576.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a good looking ram..:cool:
Nice tank.
You should get your temp up to 80 at least IMO.
I am sure he will color up when more comfy ,but may stay looking like that a lot of the time...
Get him a girl and watch the colors...:brows:
Looks to be a long fin also.
Enjoy..
The GH and temp are the two most important parameters for GBR IMO..

Thanks, are you sure this is a male? I think it is but I want to be 100% and if I get a female, will they pair ok or could there be problems?

That's a good looking ram..:cool:
Nice tank.
You should get your temp up to 80 at least IMO.
I am sure he will color up when more comfy ,but may stay looking like that a lot of the time...
Get him a girl and watch the colors...:brows:
Looks to be a long fin also.
Enjoy..
The GH and temp are the two most important parameters for GBR IMO..

I went and bought him a girlfriend and within an hour there's been a big difference! Great desision they instantly loved each other and both their colors got better. What a great fish. Here is a picture of him with his girl in the background:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474762653.620462.jpg

She has a very red belly so will probably lay eggs soon...:whistle:
So if you see chasing or bullying just keep an eye on them...
It might look pretty rough if they spawn so look at the fins to see if one is getting whipped...:whip:
ENJOY!(y)

Thanks! Your a great help. I appreciate your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom