Feeding African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AddictedtoFishNoW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of food you feed your African Cichlids, i'm looking to find the flakes that contain spiriluna, and I have been using Hikari Excel sinking pellets and Hikari Gold floating and frozen hikari bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, I also have a lot of other foods. I'd greatly appreciate any advice towards feeding.. I have not fed zucchini, or carrott or peas yet.. Should I chop them up if I use the natural route and let them float? Do they enjoy foods that are natural like these with no specific smell? love u guyz thankx

What type of fish are we talking here?! African is a really broad term that encompasses allot of fish each type with different nutritional needs/ requirements.

Chasnkevin4ever said:
I just order some new life spectrum for my cichlids, hopefully it works for them!

Hope you have the same luck that I've had with it! My solo african river cichlid loves the stuff. When he is not being a hermit his colors are a sight to behold. Been very colorful since that became his primary diet.

Well it will work when I get new babies. My lab was died last nite sometime. And my Hap is on his death bed I hope he comes out of it. He is my baby I'm so sad right now. I hope he makes it.

NLS cichlid formula should work perfectly, i also feed with spirulina flake. its just my way to make sure they dont get too much protein. but its not needed im sure. just a personal choice.

Mogurako said:
What type of fish are we talking here?! African is a really broad term that encompasses allot of fish each type with different nutritional needs/ requirements.

And for the answer??

Thats the only person who try to take care of your fish as he try to know what species you feed before telling you what to do!!!

Sorry for those who think i'm rude but, its true!!

I don't understand why or who u r being hateful too. I try and answer everyone that reply's to my post if I miss one or two I am sorry. I do have a crazy life, two crazy kiddos that are two and one, a house to clean and maintain, a fiancé that I cooked for wash clothes etc, then on top of that a dog cat and three tanks. I do my best in trying to answer everyone. And yes he has actually helped me out a whole lot in other posts that I posted. I sorry if anyone thinks I was being rude that will never be the case if I don't answer you and sorry if anyone thought different. If that is not to me then y'all will know why I don't answer if it happens lol! And no ur not being rude just honest and blunt!

I have a ram cichlid! My lab and Hap are dead :) my ram bichir and plecto are in my twenty gallon tank! And I know my ram isn't African she is American right?

Mogurako said:

Hey I'm sorry if I ever miss ur posts to me! And wanna thank u for all the help u have given to me over the last week!

Back
Top Bottom