Feeding beta to cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

king773

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I dont mean any type of disrespect to anyone or beta lovers, but I was told that you can feed a beta to cichlids once a week or w/e to boost the colors tremendously on cichlids is this true? I never heard of this so thats why Im asking.

Another question, A friend of mine told me I have to much sand in my tank and that alot of sand holds feces,old food and bacteria which causes your tank to smell is this true?

It seriously sounds like your friend doesn't have a clue.I don't have an answer for the beta question, But I have sand in my tanks and if anything they are much easier to clean because the food and debris lay on top of it.

I understand that the food and debri lays on top, but does it hold smell in it if there is alot of sand? thanks for the inputs.

I have a 5" sand bed in my mbuna tank. Its been set up for 4 years now and have had no problems with any smells. As for the beta thing i highly doubt it.

Bettas won't boost the cichlid's colors and I hope you don't do it. Krill would be a better food.

Back
Top Bottom