Feeding Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jramatized

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got these 2 products OMEGA ONE Super color pellets and Supper Veggie KELP FLAKES and was wondering if any of you have had good results with them? Im trying to give the cichlids a verity. I also have frozen bloodworms and cichlid sticks and regular flake food. I got the veggie b/c I hear they get protein bloat easily? And also read that you are supposed to not feed them 1 day a week. Is this true? If so what for? There is also a black ghost knife in the tank with them that is getting along fine with them for now. I have another tank for it if not, but I specifically feed it the frozen blood worms. Which the cichlids will also eat. So I wont be able to skip a day, and worried of them getting too much protein. Any ideas for me to feed them these foods on a healthy weekly schedule would be appreciated

Overfeeding cichlids can cause disease problems. Google "malawi bloat".

Don't feed mbuna cichlids bloodworms.

A one day a week break helps their digestive system process all the food. It is a precaution against bloat.

Bloat in fish is not the same as feeling bloated after a couple of pints of beer. It is a disease.

Food preferences is a consideration when choosing tankmates. I don't know about knife fish at all so can't really help.

Back
Top Bottom