Feeding frozen foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two African tanks one with Mbuna and the other with Peacocks/Haps. I like to vary their foods and feed them 2X a day. Every so often I like to give them a frozen food treat. Which is good for them and which frozen foods are bad between brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, blood worms, krill etc?. Their "regular" foods are NLS and spirulina (veggie flakes)

Brineshrimp is probably safest. It contains lower amounts of meaty protiens than the other choices, meaty protiens are a main cause of Malawi bloat

I would't feed Mbuna anything other than NLS, a good spirulina or veggie flake (I like Omega One Kelp Veggie Flakes), and fresh veggies. There is no need to feed them any meaty foods. Mysis shrimp and krill are fine for raising fry though. BTW, most frozen foods are about 90% moisture and have seemingly no useful nutritional value.

I was going to buy mine frozen brine shrimp, but maxwell you just changed my mind.

Back
Top Bottom