Feeding fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady_Alia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got jewel fry and they're TINY!! What can I feed them?

I've crushed flakes into dang near a powder and it's still too big.

What do you guys feed your wee little ones?

Attachments

• image-3110980286.jpg
    image-3110980286.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1194160726.jpg
    image-1194160726.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 99
Jason7894561230 said:
Freshly hatched brine shrimp also Daphania and microworms, i feed microwarms to my kribensis fry. Also awesome looking jewels

Thanks! They spawned 5 days after I got them. I wasn't at all ready for this! lol

First Bites, decapsulated brine shrimp (soak them in water for 5 -10 minutes before feeding), walter worms are also good choices. These are the primary things I feed them until they are big enough to start adding more things to their diet.

Shay said:
First Bites, decapsulated brine shrimp (soak them in water for 5 -10 minutes before feeding), walter worms are also good choices. These are the primary things I feed them until they are big enough to start adding more things to their diet.

What kind of fry are you feeding?
And what brand of first bites?

Beautiful Red Jewel Cichlids. Have you tried liquid fry food,or try mushing a zucchini piece and flake food with some water and use dropper.

And thanks big Jon and Starka! They're my pride and joy...along with my frontosas of course ;-)

I've been feeding my all of my fry from CA/SA to Africans on NLS grow exclusively for years with fantastic results, this also makes the transition to larger NLS pellets seamless.

Angels, Victorians, Lateacara Curviceps, Kribs, livebearers, plus a few others

Why I started using the decapsulated they're always ready to go, don't have to hatch them LOL sometimes I get a surprise spawn or 2. Plus the brine shrimp don't use up the egg sack hatching thus giving the fry the more protein value

HUKIT said:
I've been feeding my all of my fry from CA/SA to Africans on NLS grow exclusively for years with fantastic results, this also makes the transition to larger NLS pellets seamless.

I was thinking about getting the NLS small fry, but they said it might be a little too big for them right now.

Shay said:
Angels, Victorians, Lateacara Curviceps, Kribs, livebearers, plus a few others

Why I started using the decapsulated they're always ready to go, don't have to hatch them LOL sometimes I get a surprise spawn or 2. Plus the brine shrimp don't use up the egg sack hatching thus giving the fry the more protein value

COOL! I'll look into that then.

Just put it in a bag and take a rolling pin to it, any flake or pellet food will work, it just needs to be powdered. Some fry are pickier than others, though, and may not take to the prepared food well. I try to feed a mix of live and prepared food for best results.

Microworms are one of the simplest and easiest cultures to maintain.

Green water also works - piece of lettuce or algae, set it in the sun for a few days - you'll get all kinds of small microorganisms growing in there. Just use an eye dropper to transfer it into your tank.

Awesome, thanks everyone. I just ordered fry food online, hopefully it'll get here soon! If not, I'm sure I'll have more babies. I sure hope I can keep these alive.

Back
Top Bottom