Feeding my Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my girly kribensis for about a week. She is very active, but has not gotten back the color she had in the store. There could be other reasons for this, but I am wondering if she is eating.

She does not appear to like either kind of frozen food I have (straight bloodworms, and a spirulina/brine shrimp combo). She spits them out. I use Extreme Spirulina Krill Flakes but she hasn't quite decided to come to the surface to get those yet. She just grabs the little that floats down. I throw in algae wafers for my pleco and I haven't seen her do much with those either.

I have thought about getting some daphnia. I used that once long ago and the fish I had then seemed to love it. Any other good food to try with this krib?

I have had my girly kribensis for about a week. She is very active, but has not gotten back the color she had in the store. There could be other reasons for this, but I am wondering if she is eating.

She does not appear to like either kind of frozen food I have (straight bloodworms, and a spirulina/brine shrimp combo). She spits them out. I use Extreme Spirulina Krill Flakes but she hasn't quite decided to come to the surface to get those yet. She just grabs the little that floats down. I throw in algae wafers for my pleco and I haven't seen her do much with those either.

I have thought about getting some daphnia. I used that once long ago and the fish I had then seemed to love it. Any other good food to try with this krib?

Some fish just take a lot of time to settle in. I have a nyassae, brought him home and for almost two weeks I didn't even see him. He is the biggest in the tank, but didnt eat or come out. But after enough time, he colored up beautifully, and now runs the tank. Could just take a little more time. What else do you have in your tank?

I've kept Kribs off and on for years. Do you have caves for the kribs to hide in? Flower pots work, black coffee mugs work the best. I would feed the other residents and let them go 4-8 days before trying to feed them again. Once you are using froozen food again, dim the room lights and stay away for 30 min. Bet the food will be gone then.
craigstropicals@yahoo.com

Are you saying to not feed the entire tank for a week?

I have a couple caves and places to hide and scaped with some hiding corners. She is out and about most of the time poking at the sand.

I still think getting a boyfriend would help. I have a 20 high with the female krib, 3 inch bristlenose pleco, a guppy, and 5 rummynose tetras. According to AqAdvisor I could do it, but I am worried about aggression if I have a pair of kribs in a 20.

Any other ideas for food choices, or just give it more time?

Back
Top Bottom