Feeding schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kowalski

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you feed your cichlids. Do you have a daily schedule of what you feed? Lately I've been giving mine pellets and I bough frozen bloodworms but I'm not sure if I should give it every other day or everyday

I feed my fish once a day, I will change from day to day on either flake or pellets. Once a week I will feed them frozen bloodworms and twice a week blanched vegetables (spinach, zucchini, or romaine lettuce).

I feed my fish once a day, I will change from day to day on either flake or pellets. Once a week I will feed them frozen bloodworms and twice a week blanched vegetables (spinach, zucchini, or romaine lettuce).

So every other day it's either bloodworm or some veggies? And the other days its pellets or flakes?

As I understand bloodworms high in protein an mbuna don't tolerate to much of that so it's used more as a treat. Thou I don't know your stock so can't comment to much sorry

My stock

Attachments

• image-3709352489.jpg
    image-3709352489.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1925523163.jpg
    image-1925523163.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 87
  • image-891851985.jpg
    image-891851985.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 83
Looks like all Mbuna which you do not want to feed bloodworms as they will get bloat. Just veggie based/low protein pellets. NLS pellets are great and low in protein, also New era.

Agreed, feeding bloodworms to mbuna is not a good idea. Bloodworms can be fed as a treat every once in a while, but i would just scratch that idea and stick to a good pellet.

I bought a frozen bloodworm Bag 1 week ago and they seemed to like it i only offered it once. I do have pellets let me know if they are good

Attachments

• image-2730611167.jpg
    image-2730611167.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 61
I bought a frozen bloodworm Bag 1 week ago and they seemed to like it i only offered it once. I do have pellets let me know if they are good

I have the same one. With that you will not have to give them any other item if you don't want to. That's a high quality food

I have the same one. With that you will not have to give them any other item if you don't want to. That's a high quality food

That's good. Do you believe convict cichlids could use bloodworms? I don't want the bloodworms to go to waste

Back
Top Bottom