Feeding Tiger Fish Raw Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMOOOZZZ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need help I was told that Tiger Fish should be feed raw shrimp, the problem is my water levels are sky high. I did TWO water changes today early morning at 7am and again at 2pm and they are still high Ammonia 2.0, Nitrite .35ppm, Nitrate 15ppm. Can I do another water change tomorrow? And how long will it take to get the water levels back to Zero? I have a 30 gallon tank and what do you recommend feeding these type of fish?

Ok, I have a couple questions. First, did you cycle the tank prior to adding the fish? those params are pretty high. I suggets doing a big pwc right away to get your levels down. Do like 75%.
Secondly, as for the diet, there are several fish out there that go by the common name, "tiger fish." Could you please tell us which one you have? There is a cichlid called a tiger fish, the datnoid are called tiger fish, there is an Asian tiger fish as well as the African tiger fish that is sort of like an African piranha as well.

Hi thank you for replying....yes tank is cycled I've had my fish for 8 months, they are cichlids Tiger fish and albino Oscar fish I was told they are carnivores and I should feed them shrimp. 2 days later when I checked the water that's when I noticed the levels super high. I've done 2 water changed first 75% than a 50% and still the levels are high..ugh frustrated!!

In that case, I will move this thread over to the cichlid section where people can help you with the diet question.
How big is the tank? Have you been taking the scraps out, or do you think there are still some shrimpy bits in there? How often have you been feeding the shrimp?
What are your levels currently?

Back
Top Bottom