Festae or other Species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful beautiful fish. I hope to find one soon

Gecko, are you saying that this is an actual red terror? That was my question in posting the photo. We added it to our community of cichlids around a weak ago and he's one of the more passive fish personality wise. Id say the convict or JD is the most aggressive. But im sure the red terror will get more aggressive with size?

Red terror

Gecko, are you saying that this is an actual red terror? That was my question in posting the photo. We added it to our community of cichlids around a weak ago and he's one of the more passive fish personality wise. Id say the convict or JD is the most aggressive. But im sure the red terror will get more aggressive with size?

I was speaking to the original poster's want for a true festae. I didn't look at yours enough yet

Edit: appears to be a festae. I hope you have a large tank, these don't stay small and don't do well normally with tank mates

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like it could be a festae to me. A better pic from the side would help.

Probably will get a lot meaner as it grows. How big is it now?

Also, it does not look overfed Brookster123, unless it is just a weird camera angle.

Looks like it could be a festae to me. A better pic from the side would help.

Probably will get a lot meaner as it grows. How big is it now?

Also, it does not look overfed Brookster123, unless it is just a weird camera angle.

He said malnourished, meaning underfed.

I feed my fish beef heart, blood worms, and occasionally the cichlid pellets also. But i got him a week ago so i mean i'm sure he has room for improvement after sitting at the shop.

Now now my cichlid loving friends... I have no clue as to the specific needs of this majestic specimen, i just know what a sunken belly looks like.. wasting?? Or just hungry??
Jess- is it eating?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed my fish beef heart, blood worms, and occasionally the cichlid pellets also. But i got him a week ago so i mean i'm sure he has room for improvement after sitting at the shop.

Skip all that's and feed 1 or 2 mm NLS Thera-A, blood worms go right through fish and their stomachs aren't designed to digest land based proteins like beef heart.

If the fish is eating but has a sunken stomach it could very well be internal parasites. Which should be treated with a antiprotozoan like Prazipro.

The nls-ther a is for possible parasites? Or you're saying to use that as a regular food mog? I just want to take care of my fish the right way so any food reccomendation would be appreciated. And yes its been eating :( wasnt the answer i was expecting, but whatever i can do to make him better ill do

Thera-A has garlic which has natural anti-parasitic properties as well an appetite stimulant. I feed it as an everyday food.

If you feed that for a couple days and notice the fish still has a sunken stomach then you'll need to treat for internal parasites.

Ok! I am currently away from my tank for a few days (they have a sitter), i will observe again when i get home and grab that food reguardless. I hope its just a bad photo. Thankyou all

Ok! I am currently away from my tank for a few days (they have a sitter), i will observe again when i get home and grab that food reguardless. I hope its just a bad photo. Thankyou all

I believe it's just the photo, regardless a high quality food and exclusion of the beef heart is needed.

Feed the NLS as a staple and use blood worms or night crawlers as a supplemental food maybe once a week.

MOG as always is dead on. I feed NLS thera a+a with garlic and treats twice a month.

Back
Top Bottom