Filler food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm at an LFS now and need to know if this is Crappola flake or not? What is the the best flake for african cichlids on the market. This LFS is limited to tetra and omega brands. They also have hikari, but only in pellets.

Thanks

Attachments

• image-39038979.jpg
    image-39038979.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 92
I'm at an LFS now and need to know if this is Crappola flake or not? What is the the best flake for african cichlids on the market. This LFS is limited to tetra and omega brands. They also have hikari, but only in pellets.

Thanks

Read the ingredients on the Omega 1. Its good stuff.

I will agree that what you see there get omega 1 but I would never say NLS and omega are comparable. I have both and here is why. Look at the crude fat and the fiber difference. The first is omega second NLS.

ForumRunner_20130828_153442.jpg

ForumRunner_20130828_153500.jpg

I agree to the idea of buying nls on amazon not that omega is basically the same as nls. I cant settle for what's in front of me here and now.

I should have prefaced my original message with more info. I've always used NLS pellets for its ingredients and cleanliness. I'm looking for an alternative to feed the fry that dwell in caves. I've decided to just crush up a couple larger pellets during chow time for the crew. I've also got some powdered spirulina available (blueberry smoothie). Maybe a dab of that will circulate down to all areas of the inner rock pile. Does anyone use spirulina as a supplement?

My intentions are to catch the Metriaclima Mbweca (Gold Zebra) fry when the opportunity presents itself. Tough buggers to catch. Most of the unfortunate fry will provide their elders with a tasty snack, but the strong survivors will make it to my family and friends tanks.

Attachments

• image-2022729132.jpg
    image-2022729132.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image-1146803731.jpg
    image-1146803731.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 40
Thats cool. I use the omega 1 flakes crushed up to feed my multi fry. I like when they start to look like the fish they are and no longer look like tad poles

Back
Top Bottom