Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jllarrea

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello there. So I will be setting up a 55g tank where I will be moving my cichlids to. I'm gonna set it up now to give it enough time to cycle and be ready for when I move my fish. I bought a Marineland C360 filter and I am wondering if this would be good for my cichlids. They are all Mbunas. I ask because I've never used a canister filter before so I was a little apprehensive about it. Thanks!

Marineland C360

Hi! I have been doing some research myself on canister filters for my mbuna tank (also 55 gal.). I read that Marinelands C360's are good for tanks up to 30 gallons. I think I saw that on Petsmart's website. I am curious to see how it works out for you. :)

Just ordered today an eheim 2217 canister filter for my new 60g cichlid tank. It looks like it gets good reviews.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're right! I just looked it up again, and I must have read it wrong! Sorry about that! Now I'm interested in getting one...

It's on sale at Prtsmart! I ordered it for 99.99 and I added a fake plant for 89 cents to make the order qualify for 20% off for orders of $100 or more. Plus I got free shipping so I paid like 86 with tax :)

When it comes to filters you want to at least turn your tank over twice an hour. Meaning that if you have a 10g tank you want a 20g filter and so on. With cichlids you want to turn it a little more than that. I have a 75 gallon and my filters are rated for about 300g (together). I've never had much luck with canisters in my experience. But hopefully the filter you are getting will work pretty good. IMO i would also run a on the back filter with it you can never have too much filtration.

It's on sale at Prtsmart! I ordered it for 99.99 and I added a fake plant for 89 cents to make the order qualify for 20% off for orders of $100 or more. Plus I got free shipping so I paid like 86 with tax :)

Thanks for the heads up on the C-360 sale at Petsmart. I just did the same thing you did and got mine for $86.44 shipped. That's cheaper than the C-160 or the C-220s! Heck that price is about the same as the SunSuns. Or at least some of the them.

C360 sounds like you got a good deal, Would be interested to hear how it works for you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom