Filter Recommendation for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55 gallon with 5 Yellow Labs, 1 Ruby Red, 1 Sunburst Peacock, 1 Red Fin Borleyi, 1 EB Hap Ahli and 1 Featherfin Squeaker. I'm planning to add a few more compatible fish. Currently I have a TopFin 60 but would like to add a second filter. My budget is limited and I prefer to shop in stores rather than online. I'd like some filter suggestions, please.

I just bought a new marineland emperor 400 yesterday. I have to say I really like it. The one i replaced was the same brand but the older model. I really didnt like the older model. The new one however is very flexible. It has 2 biowheels, and 2 trays that you can customize your media in. It also has 2 filters. Mine is quiet and has good flow as well. Plus biowheels are really good for growing BB

You will find many people on this site prefer the aquaclears, I currently have two ac110's running on both my 75/55 tanks. Both are single fish tanks as well. You can never have to much filtration.

AC110. It's quiet and easy to clean. The comparison will show you how noisy the top fin is,

Slade said:
AC110. It's quiet and easy to clean. The comparison will show you how noisy the top fin is,

Oh yeah the Top Fin is terribly noisy.

Thanks folks for the recommendation.

Sounds like the AC110 is the most popular. So if I have the existing TopFin60 and add an AC110, should I consider a powerhead as well? Is there enough circulation towards the bottom of the tank? If I need a powerhead as well, what GPH should I consider?

Back
Top Bottom