Filter suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I might go with the AC 110 for $67 or a Cascade penn plax canister filter (up to a hundred gallons) used for 50 bucks?? What do you guys think?

Picking up a AC110 for $40!!! Should be plenty filtration for my 55g with two jacks

pick which hob you like best, find the needed size for a 55 and add two of them. i have two penquin 350s on my 75.

Personally i like the aquatop (sunsun) canister filters. Cant beat them for the price imo.

I wanted to ask..can I unhook everything and switch the hoses and get it to prime again? What size hose should i look for at home depot? Do they sale it by cut? I'm so disappointed with my fluval..I have driftwood w.rocks and I'm wondering if much of the debris is from the driftwood? Even though I'm passed the tannin stage I notice dark brown gushy debris ?

AddictedtoFishNoW said:
I wanted to ask..can I unhook everything and switch the hoses and get it to prime again? What size hose should i look for at home depot? Do they sale it by cut? I'm so disappointed with my fluval..I have driftwood w.rocks and I'm wondering if much of the debris is from the driftwood? Even though I'm passed the tannin stage I notice dark brown gushy debris ?

It's just the ribbed design I am not sure on the size but just take your aqua stop in with you and find the size that fits snugly and yes it's sold by the foot whatever length you need I went with 2 4' lengths

Critter1990 said:
I am looking for some advice on what is the best filter for my 55g tank with a Jack Dempsey and a pleco. I currently have two aqua clear 50s. Is this enough for my tank or should I go bigger? Also i have a power head not being used. Should I put it in the tank or just leave it out?

I asked the same question for my 55 a while back and the most recommended filer was a Hagen AquaClear 110/500.

I got an aquaclear 110 so far so good. Picked it up off Craigslist for 40 bucks! I have that running along with to AC 50s

AddictedtoFishNoW said:
How thick are the tubes dimensions? I would be ecstatic if that solves it:j

I belive it's 5/8" but I would still bring the peice that connects to the top of you canister to be sure. It does solve it for sure it's waste and other junk gets caught in the ribs and one the flow is stopped they fall out of the ribs and when you prime you fire it into your tank

Back
Top Bottom