Finally- the Rotkeils have spawned!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, it's about time...
I nabbed these two F0 Rotkeil severums for an incredible price from a friend nearly 2 years ago. They were sold to me as a pair, and for the longest time HN1 and I were starting to doubt it. Then, a couple of days ago, he called me into the room where we have our 120 gallon and showed me the pair, fanning about 150 eggs that are stuck to the back glass. It's been really hard to get a pic of them since they laid eggs behind some plants and driftwood, but we don't want to move anything so these are the best we've got, lol. Looks like we're about to have some F1 Rotkeil wigglers! :cool:

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

Yay!!! Congrats.

Maybe they have to be a certain age first? I know now that our firemouths have reached 2 years they're spawning once a month.

Yay!!! Congrats.

Maybe they have to be a certain age first? I know now that our firemouths have reached 2 years they're spawning once a month.

They were pretty large (about 7 inches each) when I got them. They're about 8 inches or so now. They recently went on a loach killing rampage so maybe they just needed the loaches gone. Literally, we had about 10 loaches disappear overnight. Crazy fish.

Very cool and expensive loaches.... :bad-words:

Oh eeeck! Poor loaches!

They sound somewhat like our firemouths as far as attitude. These guys didn't kill anyone, but they sure had our JDs and jewels backed into a corner.

Now they have their own tank and everyone in the 120 has peace. ;)

Back
Top Bottom