Fingers Crossed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
While doing a pwc today I decided to move a couple things around and add a little slate cave in the 55. Within minutes of topping off the water the angels had a knock-down drag-em-out fight going on. I took this as a sign it was time to separate them into two pairs. Pair A was definately doing the harrassing, so I moved pair B. I was thinking along the lines of, if they (A) were doing the chasing they probably want that home (55) worse... Does that make sense?
Even while I was trying to get pair B out of there, they were getting pretty tore up by pair A. One of pair B has a couple tears in his dorsal fin so I medicated their new home (30 gallon with 9 lemon tetras) with some melafix.
Does it sound like I did everything right? I hope so. Hopefully this will lead to some angel spawning soon! Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Well, nothing yet. Later in the evening after this original post I noticed the angels in the 55 cleaning off the filter intake tube. I did a pwc 48 hours later to encourage them, but nuthin' :( Could it be I have two males paired off? I'm not seeing eggs from either pair so far. Anything else I can do in the meantime to figure this out?

Back
Top Bottom