Firemouth/angelfish tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michlol101

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm upgrading my african cichlid tank (180l) to the juwel rio 400 (450l) .. And I'm wondering what to stock my juwel rio 180...

I wanna do either a firemouth or angelfish setup ? Any suggestions?

I'd go Meeki ( Fire mouths) but look into some of the other species in the Thorichthys genus first. I bet you'll get hooked on them like me.

Interesting... =) Could you put some of the other species with a meeki?

look on you tube at some different tanks and see what u like . thats how i got started with angels

I've never tried it personally, there is the possibility of cross breeding.

yeah, you're right. I forgot about that.. was just wondering since I have a meeki and didn'know about the other fish in his group =) Sorry OP, I guess it's clear I'd go wigh FM or other from that genus, if that's the right word

It's 102cmx55highx41wide

So roughly 40x16x21 , that's actually a pretty cool foot print I wouldn't mind one. I'd venture to say you could comfortably house 2 pairs if it was densely planted and had good breaks in line of sight.

I need to Import me some Juwel Rios!

So roughly 40x16x21 , that's actually a pretty cool foot print I wouldn't mind one. I'd venture to say you could comfortably house 2 pairs if it was densely planted and had good breaks in line of sight.

I need to Import me some Juwel Rios!

image-1180053270.jpg

Bit cloudy but here it is

Attachments

• image-2921071654.jpg
    image-2921071654.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom