First 150 gallon build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank is getting another coat of paint then getting filled up with water to test for leaks today! I'll post some pictures this evening.

Okay, it's holding water and the stand is supporting the weight. :) I'm gonna give it couple days to be sure then move it inside!! The latex paint worked like poop. It cracked and pretty much pealed off like tape. I guess I'm going to try and tint it like a car window with some 2 1/2% tint.

image-2073445177.jpg

The back isn't black anymore because the paint sucked and they stand is yet to be painted but will be soon

Bully405Customz said:
Okay, it's holding water and the stand is supporting the weight. :) I'm gonna give it couple days to be sure then move it inside!! The latex paint worked like poop. It cracked and pretty much pealed off like tape. I guess I'm going to try and tint it like a car window with some 2 1/2% tint.

The back isn't black anymore because the paint sucked and they stand is yet to be painted but will be soon

So latex paint does suck?
I have a tank painted black that I got off CL, & the paint is really good
But its very fragile because it will start peeling if it were to be scraped lightly

Well I painted it when there wasn't any water in it and it looked okay, not great, but okay. Well today We moved the tank around and stand around as you can see in my last post to test for leaks/if the stand could hold the tank and the paint was just peeling off the back and that was after the second coat. :( I'm either gonna
Try window tint or that spray on glass etching(like frosting it) then try to paint that. What do you think sounds best? I recommend that sticky stuff from a chain store before I would paint. But having
Said that it is very possible the paint messed up because of me.

Did you think about drilling your tank? I'd strongly recommend it if you're going to get a sump later because overflows suck! Just have a read t DIY overflow threads, they're usually over 100 pages long. And if you lose syphon you have a flood.

Just my 2cents. Love the new rock scape btw, your fish look amazing!

Thanks for the comments. I don't trust myself to drill 1" think glass... Or I would. The fx5 will be running it when it first gets set up., and the sump will just be extra if I feel like it. But it held water all night so am I good to go or should I wait a little longer to see If it leaks?

I had some krylon spray paints and it wouldn't stick. I will go back and look for some paint for glass. I was thinking about using that stuff to "frost" the glass then maybe painting over that... Sound crazy?

I'm going to get at minimum the sand today, hopefully some rock if I'm lucky. Oh I'm sure I won't be able to help myself and pick up another fish or two as well. We shall see by this evening.

How long after I get the tank up in it's final place and filled, how long do you think it will take to cycle since I'll put one of my seeded filters on it? Week? Two maybe?

Bully405Customz said:
I got three new additions for the tank and sand plus rock.

Fire fish.

New female.

Just pretty. Anyone help me id?

I think the bottom one is a aulonocara jacobfreibergi "eureka". Just got one of those today and looks similar.

Actually I got everything today for free!!! Well kinda. I traded my 55 gallon saltwater tank that was getting to much to take care of for me plus I'm moving for all of it. The one big piece is easily 100 lbs.

The salt tank only had 2 damsels, 1 very large engineer goby and 2 angels. Plus about 100 lbs of live rock so we just traded. Pretty good deal I think.

Okay so these were sold to me as "blue dolphins" and I was skeptical in the beginning but I think they are Demasoni. What do you guys think?

image-488020187.jpg

They usually aren't this black but you get the point.

That isn't a Moori I think you got bamboozled.

The juveniles are close to that but not quite.

Attachments

• image-1437444994.jpg
    image-1437444994.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 137
Well ****. I wanted dolphins!!! I'm gonna go complain to them, and then trade these guys because I've heard they have quite bad attitudes.

Bully405Customz said:
Well ****. I wanted dolphins!!! I'm gonna go complain to them, and then trade these guys because I've heard they have quite bad attitudes.

Yea they are mean lil suckers, Moori are much better

Back
Top Bottom