First F1 Cichlids arrived ^_^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Following along to see what kind of luck you have long term with the Ps. Saulosi in a four foot tank.

Following along to see what kind of luck you have long term with the Ps. Saulosi in a four foot tank.

For sure, right now it's looking like all or at least 4 males, so... Hopefully they're more docile with no females in the tank lol.

Ha good luck! I e had zero luck w the. In my tanks. 72 or 90 gallon. Bought 30 fish and the only ones that didn't make it are 3 saulosi out of 5 bought. Last tank was pretty much same except for a lone male that lived. I think he picked the other male and at least 2 or the 3 fends off. Never saw it tho. Only when lights came on I saw the dead fish.

Ha good luck! I e had zero luck w the. In my tanks. 72 or 90 gallon. Bought 30 fish and the only ones that didn't make it are 3 saulosi out of 5 bought. Last tank was pretty much same except for a lone male that lived. I think he picked the other male and at least 2 or the 3 fends off. Never saw it tho. Only when lights came on I saw the dead fish.

:blink: I'll have to keep a close eye on them, if it doesn't work out, I already have a replacement in mind lol

I'm sure they'll be good in that tank. My only worry is the jalo look barred which is similar to the male saulosi. Mine were part of a combo of a large group of stocking. I ghink they may be betrer as a species only tank or with a single other group like youv e set up. Looks like you're male heavy on both from the videos. Maybe try and be proactive and order some ladies of each one???

I'm sure they'll be good in that tank. My only worry is the jalo look barred which is similar to the male saulosi. Mine were part of a combo of a large group of stocking. I ghink they may be betrer as a species only tank or with a single other group like youv e set up. Looks like you're male heavy on both from the videos. Maybe try and be proactive and order some ladies of each one???

It's virtually impossible to find only females for sale, unless you can recommend me a good source :D Jalos seem to be 3:3 thus far, but only 2 are coloring up regularly. I'm debating with the Mrs. on whether to swap the Saulosi out for Membe Deep, but I'll hold out and see how the Saulosi do since they're my fav mbuna hehe.

I agree. My local store has saulosi so I'm contemplating getting some more. Have a 1:1 ratio now. Had group of 5 but as per my luck they're only fish in my batch of 20 that didn't live so 3 died. No idea why. They're my fave as well but have had zero luck w them thus far. I do t have much room left and am debating trying to get some of them or just expand on what I have. Right now In my mix I have 5 hongi 2 are holding and I think the m the other 3 are males so I need more of them of have to trade one or two. Ahh the fun of fish keeping!

Back
Top Bottom