First GBR!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all, I'm not new to aquarium keeping at all, but just got my first german blue ram today:) I drip acclimated over about 40 mins and added it to my heavily planted tank that usually runs zero nitrates. I attempted to choose a male but I'm pretty sure I got a female even though she's only about 1.5" because she has reflective scales inside the black spot beneath her dorsal fin. Any confirmations on that?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395942269.168976.jpg
Also any tips on what their favorite food is? I only have her with kuhli loaches, 2 endlers, and cherry shrimp. Looks like she may make a snack out of my baby cherries!

Congrats!! I feed mine lots if foods, omega one flake, frozen daphnia, bloodworms are the fav but not always great for digestion, brine shrimp, and he'll occasionally borrow a krill pellet from the Cory's..

Great, I have all of those! The daphnia aren't too small for them?

Looks like you definitely have a female! Try and found a male, as they are incredible to watch breed and only need one partner as they are typically life long mates :) great looking fish!

Back
Top Bottom