Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

fish compatibility

Ok, I was thinking of making a home made tank with tank dimensions of : 6ft long x 2 ft wide x 3 ft tall or making the depth bigger to 2.5ft or 3 ft in width.
What would be the best size they range from 230 gallons to 400 gallons what would be the best for some large cichlids?
I was thinking of stocking it with:
Electric blue jack dempsy
Green Terror
Oscar
Blood Red Parrot
Texas

Maybe a
a flower horn
and a jaguar

I am open to any fish suggestions.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

I dont recommend any green terrors, they are super agressive and usually by themselves, oscars and parrots are good together, you csn put in convicts, bolvian rams, 230gal is great for large cichlids, bigger you go the more fish you can get, another nice fish to get would be a clown knifefish, ghost black knife fish or a royal clown, severiums are are nice and you could put in some cat fish, try and stay away from green terrors. Anything over 200gal is good for large cichlids, and 400 is even better

Old 03-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #3

So take out the green terror and put a flower horn in its place or a jaguar in its place. Would that combo work?
Old 03-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesyboy11 View Post
I dont recommend any green terrors, they are super agressive and usually by themselves, oscars and parrots are good together, you csn put in convicts, bolvian rams, 230gal is great for large cichlids, bigger you go the more fish you can get, another nice fish to get would be a clown knifefish, ghost black knife fish or a royal clown, severiums are are nice and you could put in some cat fish, try and stay away from green terrors. Anything over 200gal is good for large cichlids, and 400 is even better

Bolivian rams would be an appetiser for a jag. In fact the only 2 fish I would add are the jag and flowerhorn.

With the right setup, caves and hiding spots the rest could work. You will have a huge potential for aggression but with a tank that big there should be enough territories for each fish to command.

I'd go with the 3 ft wide tank though otherwise your list won't work.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ive nevet had a jag so i dont know much about them, so i wont argue with you

Tags
compatibility, fish, fish compatibility

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com