Fish dies within 1 hour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will call them today. Thanks for the advice but you miss the point where i cleaned both tanks and only one has fish die.

Sent from my N861 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In the larger tank correct? How much water did you change? Are the fish more sensitve..did you do this tank before or after the other?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did this tank first and then the small tank. The water change is only 30%

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Random idea/question- did you go away on vacation or something for a while first?? Or use a faucet you rarely used? My thought is that maybe the water you added had sat in the pipes for a while and something leeched into it? It could explain how the first went badly and the second ok. Maybe something was there that got into the first but flushed out before the second tank?

I don't know how feasible that even is but it was a random thought I had

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice thinking out of the box but no vacation for me.

Sent from my N861 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Huh. Then I have no other idea unless I think of some other really random thing later tonight

6 months, isn't that a pretty normal time when a tank crashes and mini cycles, or whatever they call it.

Could it be none water related and just a coincidence?

Has anything been done differently in that tank at all ? Live food for example, compared to the other. Live feeding has accounted for a few deaths I've had over the years, including the recent death of my 5" EBJD :-(
I got complacent there I think.

Back
Top Bottom