Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't know this for sure, but I think you might have problems down the road with your parrot picking on your angel. JMO, I also have a parrot that is pretty aggressive. You may want to keep your angel in your 55 gallon when you move your other fish to the 75 gallon.

If you want to add more tetras I think your remaining one would be much happier. You could try adding them with the lights off while the tank is dark and the fish are asleep, I have heard that works but never tried it myself. Another option for you would be to take your tetra to your LFS and try some barbs as schooling fish instead of tetras. I have kept my aggressive parrot with tiger barbs, green tiger barbs, black ruby barbs, and "red glass" barbs (don't know what kind they are really) with no problems at all. The barbs I've kept have been super fast and hardy. If you want to do this make sure you add barbs that are big enough to not fit in your parrot's mouth and you should be ok. I think you have enough room to add a school of barbs or something with no problem, provided you upgrade to the 75 gallon in a year like you said. Good luck!!!

severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, mine picks on my angel and my gourami. I planned to turn the 55 gal. into a planted tank anyway, so I guess I'll put the angel and gourami in there.

Thanks for the advice.

Tags
55 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com