Fish health in question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had a 6" nimbochromis venustus pass a couple weeks ago, thought it was an ammonia problem but my levels were fine... She was always sorta picked on (funny cause she was actually the largest in my tank) and i figured that mighta been it, but now i have another fish with the same issue and i need to figure it out!!!

Symtoms: uncontrollably floating, upside down at times, loss of scales+color... Still breathing and kicking (swimming) but not really life like...

Fish with issue: nimbochromis venustus and an angel fish...

I noticed when i took the nimbo out and ran it under some water it was slightly bleeding??!! So wierd to me... Any ideas? Plz and thanks!!

Angelfish and nimbo venustus... Very sad when my nimbo went , had her since she was under an inch long...

Attachments

• image-495900140.jpg
    image-495900140.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3658259903.jpg
    image-3658259903.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 72
  • image-474426890.jpg
    image-474426890.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2318594960.jpg
    image-2318594960.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 73
simply attacked to death imo. what is ur stocking? i dont think an angel would go at all with a nimbo, so theres defo some wierd mixes in there. c an we have tank size, stocking and how often/what you feed them? we want to help as much as poss thanks x

Yea the angel was an awkward add to the tank, basically cause he was in a tank with other breeding angels and gettin hit hard by hem so i tried a diff tank. Its a 40gal with malawi mbuna and peacock... Its way over filtered and i feed them nls sinkin pellets and i change the water 2 times a week

I feed em 1nce a day, feeding was something i was never sure about...

ask away if u need advice! we're happy to help and love to feel important :p
once a day is v good for controlling aggression, u may want to do 1/2 the amount u feed twice a day to help even more. and excellent about the overfiltered part, thats always very good!
are there any new victims? the sooner we know, the sooner we can help you out xxxx

I dont tuink there will be anymore victims but theres always that chance... The fish that are left are a breeding pair of yellow labs a mbuna red top, german red peacock, 2 pictus cats, and a algea eater... Pictus cats are in their own world and are left alone, same with the algea eater... And the cichlids all seem to get along... Ill keep you posted

Back
Top Bottom