Fish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajcile612

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the common name for this white fish?

Attachments

• image-3140924539.jpg
    image-3140924539.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 96
Pseudotropheus socolofi "Albino"
Is the name on live fish direct. Is that the same thing? Lol sorry in a little green when it comes to identifying them

ajcile612 said:
Pseudotropheus socolofi "Albino"
Is the name on live fish direct. Is that the same thing? Lol sorry in a little green when it comes to identifying them

image-1754498099.jpg

If it looks like this, then yes, it is a Pseudotropheus Socolofi. Mine is the tank alpha and does a good job at keeping the peace. Of course the only Pseudotropheus female in my tank is an Acei and he doesn't seem to like her that way. It's usually peaceful, but knows how to flex should the need arise.

Yeup looks just like that. Lol I bought two albino Zebra females hoping to give him some mates but looks like I'll have to go back and get different ones. I also have a male acie in there. If I got like 5 female acie would they both kinda pick out of the females or should I just get three female for the acie and three albino females for the albino?

Niceee I'll pick those up this week. How do u tell male from female with acie?

Well the males tend to be slightly brighter in colour than the females but I think it will be hard to tell as juvies.their behaviour will tell in time and you could always take back any that turn out to be makes and get some more females.

What you need to realise is that all mbuna will crossbreed but by having only a few species you will lower the chances of cross breeding.The only way to be sure is to have only one species in your tank but that can be a bit boring with Malawi cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom